THE MICHIGAN CRAFT BEER SCENE
Washtenaw county sports eight wonderful choices for craft-beer brewed fresh for your pleasure. From fine-dining environments to small town casual… we have it all!
- Arbor Brewing - Ann Arbor’s oldest brewpub with 8-12 award-winning beers on tap. Corner Brewery’s sister location. Affordable menu features classic pub and vegetarian fare. Convenient parking. Real darts and shuffleboard.
- Blue Tractor - Blue Tractor Brewery offers hearty barbecue, burgers, afternoon and late-night happy hours, a full-time and seasonal bar menu, a mug club and beer to go.
- Chelsea Alehouse - This small town Alehouse brews their own craft beer in-house. Sporting a small, but growing food menu that includes hummus and sandwiches. Wide range of teas, plus organic milk and juice boxes for the kiddies. Outdoor seating & growlers available. Open Thursday-Sunday with free parking.
- Corner Brewery - Great neighborhood pub and spacious beer garden. Serving craft brews, red and white wines, and hard ciders. Extensive menu including: sandwiches, burgers, brats, stone-baked pizzas, and appetizers, which are supplied by local vendors.
- Grizzly Peak - Brewing quality crafted ales and lagers in Ann Arbor since 1995. The Den is open until 2 am every night with $2 pints from 11 pm until close. Restaurant style seating on far side of Den. Full menu huge salads that are a must try
- Jolly Pumpkin - Upscale pub located in downtown Ann Arbor, serving seasonal foods and a wide variety of appetizers. Great burgers and gourmet pizzas. Small-batch artisan beers, house-made spirits, a full cocktail menu, and wines.
- Original Gravity - Family friendly small town microbrewery that prides itself of quality craft beer – including standard styles, seasonals, and experimental batches. Six to eight beers on tap, and fantastic deli sandwiches. Minutes from Ann Arbor.
- Wolverine Brewing - One mile west of the Big House, with free parking. Throw darts, play foosball, and relax with delicious lagers or specialty ales. Limited snacks available; carry-in or delivery from local restaurants. Michigan’s newest brewery boasts three set and seven rotating taps.
CRAFT BEER TOURHave you ever gotten the itch to jump around from bar to bar and taste a little bit of craft beer at each? Well we can help! We’ve provided you with a map that highlights all of the breweries in the Washtenaw County area. You can get started at the Ypsi-friendly Corner Brewery and make your way around the county sampling some of the best craft beers you’ll ever taste; with a designated driver of course!
View Greater Detroit Craft Beer Tour in a larger map
BEER EVENTSBe one of the first to enjoy one of the new Rat Pad brews at the Corner at the monthly release or get your samples of out of the world beers at the Michigan Summer Beer Festival. Any way you shake it, you can bet that you’ll be enjoying a delicious Michigan-made craft beer at one of the many beer events in Ypsilanti as well as Washtenaw County.
Rat Fest- Corner Brewery
Michigan Summer Beer Festival- Riverside Park